Music Video Project

                     My Music Video Project Process


Shot by Shot List

My process through the shot by shot list was to start off with jotting the time stamps of each shot that I wanted in the video. I then described the specific camera angles and types of shots I wanted to be in each specific shot. I gave a detailed description of what I wanted each actor to do in their specific scene. Once all that was established we finally completed our shot by shot list.

Script Writing

My process through the script writing was simple as we were just following the lyrics of a song. I used the shot by shot list to assist in the time so that we could match the shot with the sound. We used the time stamps to help with this process. We also gave brief descriptions of what each character would be doing through each shot which was easy since they were already in the shot by shot list. We then thought of our actors and what specific people we wanted in that specific shot. Then, we were done with our script.

Storyboarding

The storyboard was one of the easiest parts of the project to complete. Mainly due to the fact that the shot by shot list had everything we needed. All we needed to worry about was the drawings, which did not take much time given the fact that the descriptions on the side made the image easier to understand. It may have been so simple due to the fact that this is one of our first storyboards but overall this parts of the project was fairly easy.

Shooting/Filming

The filming process felt a little difficult at first. Mainly because the actors in my group seemed to get sidetracked quite a lot and one of my main actors had to reschedule. This made me feel discouraged considering we were pressed on time. Once my groupmates noticed my frustration, they helped me get everything together and we were finally able to focus. Now at this point things started to run smoothly and we got the shots done in no time. 

Editing

The editing part of this process was probably the most difficult for me as I am not that familiar with editing. We were also given limited time to meet specific requirements of the assignment. When we had all the shots laid on the track and added the music we realized that we needed to add transitions. The transitions created issues as it prevented the visuals from matching with the sound like it originally did. With this in mind, we had to cut down, remove, and reshoot some shots. In the end, we finally got a decent looking outcome for our music video.


                            My Music Video

This was generally a fun and enjoyable assignment. We got to explore with how we wanted our shots to look and we had a great time listening to Christmas music all day. Finally, this is our music video.







Comments